It’s Just Boilerplate, Right?
Breaking Down Contract Language Clause by Clause
Educational Speaker: Jonathan Gremminger, Esq. (Lauletta Birnbaum LLC)
Assignability, severability, governing law, venue, force majeure, integration…do these terms matter?
It is finally time to understand the last ten paragraphs of every contract that you sign. Avoid pitfalls, gain leverage, and save yourself from future problems by negotiating up front. Bring questions!
BIO - Jonathan practices in the areas of general business and corporate law, including business formation, counseling clients on business-related issues, and drafting customer agreements. Jonathan’s practice also includes representation of employers and employees in both corporate and litigation capacities.
Representative matters include:
- Supporting clients under Lauletta Birnbaum’s “general counsel” model including counseling on employment matters, software licensing, and regulatory compliance.
- Drafting agreements for and advising contractors on compliance with home improvement contracts in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Providing guidance on the formation of corporations, limited liability companies and other business associations.
- Representation of employers and employees in administrative hearing, mediation, arbitration, and litigation settings.
NEW INVESTORS, this is the place to start.
- We are a round-table discussion covering the basics of real estate investing for the novice investor.
- Come learn how to earn a profit and avoid the pitfalls of real-estate investing.
- This group was created to educate not only new investors but also offer a variety of topics to sharpen the skills of seasoned investors as well.
- New members are welcome to join at any meeting. Just sign up at the door and pay with cash, check (payable to SJREIA) or credit card.
Where: NEW MEETING LOCATION BEGINNING IN 2017 -
The Brooklawn Diner (on the circle ) - 297 Crescent Blvd, Brooklawn, NJ 08030
Eating and networking @ 6pm meeting starts at 7pm. End time is 9pm.
When: First Monday of the month
Cost: Members attend for FREE – Visitors pay $15.
Dinner is not provided. A full menu available at restaurant -- everyone orders their own meal.
Subgroup Leader: Carmen Sarlo
Bio : Carmen is a seasoned investor and realtor. He will share years of investing experience with you to help you get started in real estate investing.